Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Beige and Gold Nails

My finals are over, and so I'm back! :)

I recently went to a semiformal banquet, and here's how I did my nails. I received the Sally Hansen Gems crush polish "Big Money" as a gift, and so I was excited to use it:


The base color was Julep's Kelly, and the dots were done using OPI Warm & Fozzie. I did these nails to match my dress:

                                                                      Image from Nordstrom.com       

Here's a tutorial:

1. Paint nails with base color. (Here, I used Julep's Kelly.)
2. After letting your nails dry for at least one hour, place tape diagonal on your nails.
3. Paint in your second color. (Here, I used Sally Hansen's Big Money.)
4. Remove the tape after about a minute. Let your nails dry completely.
5. Use a dotting tool (or the end of a bobby pin) to make a series of dots along the line where the two colors meet. The hardest part was making sure I did not overlap the dots too much. You may want to practice on a piece of paper so you know how close to make the dots.
6. Let dry and seal with a top coat!

Just a reminder, we're doing a Post Holiday/New Year's Giveaway of Stila makeup! There is now a picture of the items we are giving away: Stila's "Under the Mistletoe" palette and 2 Stila holiday lip glazes: Jingle, Joy, and Holly. Don't miss out!

Have a great week everyone!

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment